Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Days 4-6 of Ashley's Visit

I meant to update the blog everyday, but it's painfully slow uploading pictures to this website! (Don't know if it's that way for anyone else...) So here's an update from Sunday. Sunday was my birthday! Butch let me sleep in and took care of the kids in the morning, he even took them both to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast...Ashley apparently ate 3 that morning. Sunday also marked the end of Daylight Savings...Stephen didn't get the memo, he was up at 4:30 am. Ashley being here isn't wearing him out anymore :( We watched football all day (thanks for losing Giants) and just stayed inside since it was raining and cool outside. Here are some pictures of the kids looking out the window and eating a snack...Ashley loves Oreo double stuffed cookies.


Monday was the first day that Stephen has preschool since Ashley's been here. He goes Monday through Wednesday 1:30-4 pm. Before dropping Stephen off at school we found a new park in Wake Forest and the kids played for a little while. Then we took Stephen to school...and Ashley was none too happy Stephen went without her. One of the school workers asked me if she fell down, and I said no, we just dropped her cousin off at his classroom. She cried halfway home, I kept telling her that when we got home we'd go night-night and as soon as she woke up we'd go back for Stephen. And wouldn't you know it, she woke up saying "Get Stephen!"

Tuesday Ashley woke up right away saying "Stephen school?" I just kept it simple and told her yes. I think Ashley's getting more comfortable here, the kids bickered all morning! Before school we met a friend of mine and two of her kids at McDonald's for lunch. They had a very nice playground there, and to my surprise Ashley climbed all the way to the top of it. I was a little worried she wouldn't be able to find her way down so I asked Stephen to go up and bring her down. Stephen yells "don't worry Ashley, I'll rescue you!" He ran up and showed her the way down, holding her hand the whole way. We dropped Stephen off at school after that...more tears on Ashley's part. Stephen's school is having a Parent's Night Out next Friday so I told her that in a few weeks she'd be able to go to school with Stephen. She's been saying "I go to school" ever since. When we got home from getting Stephen the kids played on the playground at the apartment until it was dark. Ashley decided she'd go down the big slide for the first time...and then she saw Stephen going down on his tummy so she thought she'd do it too. Monkey see, monkey do.

2 comments: