Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 1 of Ashley's Visit

Back when we still lived in San Antonio I told my sister that when she had her gastric bypass surgery that I would watch my niece Ashley for her for a few weeks afterwards so she had some peace & quiet to heal. Initially I had planned on flying to NY to do this but now that we're in Raleigh, NC Tracy brought her down here yesterday and I'm going to watch her here. I'm now 8 weeks pregnant, so I'm hoping this all goes smoothly since I'm nauseous and exhausted already.

Stephen & Ashley are getting along great so far, the only sharing issues are when they are both tired. Tracy went out to her car this morning to find the rear passenger tire was flat, so we had to get her a new tire at BJ's before she went anywhere. Ashley cried when Mommy left her in Aunt Jackie's car, but the mention of french fries ended those tears. Naptime went off without a hitch, Stephen didn't want Ashley to go to sleep since he no longer naps but he got some time to himself. We woke up and went outside to play on the playground while Uncle Butch grilled hot dogs and cheeseburgers for dinner. Ashley met the neighbors' dogs and was a little scared of them, but she did end up going down the slide numerous times. Tubby time and bed time came & went with no tears, let's hope that's a good sign of things to come!







2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! I like the action photos of the bed jumping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, hope all goes well. Looks like you will have your hands full but you will enjoy time with your niece. Miss You!

    ReplyDelete