
For those of you who have never seen it, this is my house in San Antonio. Over 2600 sq. ft., it sits on a 1/4 acre lot in a cul-de-sac in one of the nicest parts of the city. When I first saw it I thought to myself there was no way we could afford this house, our realtor must be mistaken. This has been the nicest house I've lived in to date...and after 7 months of being on the market and 56 showings of hearing that it's the ugliest house ever built, our house will officially be under contract as of tomorrow, and the buyers want to close by the end of the month.
Now normally when you find out your house is going to sell that's a reason to be happy. For me it's a mixed feeling. I'm happy that it's going to sell because we're BROKE, I'm talking newlywed kind of broke. I'm happy that I can now be somewhat confident we won't be stuck in this 900 sq ft apartment forever, that I won't constantly be claustrophobic in my own "home" and that soon Stephen will be able to play with his toys without everyone else tripping over them. I'm happy that I can start house hunting in the spring, and I LOVE looking at houses. However, I'm sad it's selling because I wanted to move back in March. As of right now, I DON'T LIKE IT IN NC. I'm sad that I'm not really going to see my TX friends again...I can fly back and visit but it won't be the same. I'm sad because I listened to my husband go on and on about how great Texas is for the first 6 years of our marriage, and just when I come to love it too he makes me leave it. However, as is customary in life, this will just be a new chapter in our lives titled "Raleigh" since I tend to base everything off where we lived at the time. Hopefully the sale of the house will go smoothly and we can move forward.
For the rest of my news, I had another checkup today at the doctor's office. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat which was great, and the doc said I have the eggs of a 4 year since my Downs Syndrome screening came back great (9000 to 1 chance). I haven't gained any weight so far which is great. I'm only 14 weeks along and they noticed that my blood pressure hasn't gone down from my last check, today it was 148/67 (normally it's below 130). So now next week I have to go for an early glucose test and a urinalysis to check for protein. Hopefully the house getting sold will help with the stress, but goodness if it's not one thing it's another!
So that's my news of the day...too much of a mouthful for Facebook.
.jpg)
I must say I have mixed feelings as well... I am happy that the stress of the house is soon to be over for you and you will be able to get out of that apartment in the near future, however I was really looking forward to you moving back here (boo hoo) Happy to hear that you & baby are doing well too!
ReplyDelete*We are driving up your way the weekend before Christmas, if you are available I would love to meet up for lunch some where so we could ctch up and the kiddos could play! Hopefully you will also be in town :)